Definition of red fox in English:
A common fox with a reddish coat, native to both Eurasia and North America and living from the Arctic tundra to the southern temperate regions.
- Vulpes vulpes, family Canidae
- Other predators are red foxes, coyotes, wolves, bear, mountain lions, lynx, bobcats, eagles, and great horned owls.
- In Wapusk you could see an Arctic fox and a red fox, a ptarmigan and a spruce grouse, a caribou and a wolf, a polar bear and even the odd grizzly - all in one day.
- There are different foxes, there's the gray fox, the red fox, the arctic fox.
Definition of red fox in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan