Definition of red grouse in English:
A bird of a race of the willow ptarmigan having entirely reddish-brown plumage, native only to the British Isles.
- Lagopus lagopus scoticus, family Phasianidae (or Tetraonidae)
- Marsden Moor supports large numbers of moorland birds such as the golden plover, red grouse, curlew and the diminutive twite.
- It is the home of the lapwing, curlew, golden plover, dunlin and red grouse.
- The black grouse needs a more varied habitat than the better-established red grouse.
Definition of red grouse in:
- British & World English dictionary