Definition of red gum in English:
1An Australian gum tree with smooth bark and hard dark red timber.
- Genera Eucalyptus and Angophora, family Myrtaceae: many species, in particular the widespread river red gum (E. camaldulensis)
- It was mainly the river red gum,, from which the Aborigines cut and peeled long sheets of bark to make their canoes.
- Mr Henry has also released a report which claims more river red gum and black box trees are dying along the Murray River than first thought.
- The school's year 4 students planted 64 native trees, including river red gums, wattle and melaleuca, to attract wildlife to the school.
Definition of red gum in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan