- A cardinal’s hat, especially as the symbol of a cardinal’s office.More example sentences
- After they accept the cardinals' traditional red hats in a February 21 ceremony, the number of electors, who must be under 80 years of age, will be 135.
- This he made abundantly clear in the allocution he delivered in Rome on May 12, 1879, on the occasion of receiving the cardinal's red hat from Pope Leo XIII.
- Cardinal Winning gained his red hat because he operated well within the conservative parameters of the present Pope.
More definitions of red hatDefinition of red hat in:
- The British & World English dictionary