- 1(Of a person) having reddish-brown hair: a red-headed manMore example sentences
- As you can probably see in my photographs, I definitely don't have blonde hair, I was red-headed.
- Addison opens the door to see a tall red-headed girl with a blue plaid dress on and her hair up.
- She's the one I was telling you about with the incredibly long brown hair, the one my red-headed friend likes?
- 1.1Used in names of birds, insects, and other animals with red heads, e.g., red-headed woodpecker.More example sentences
- We went driving in the country on Sunday afternoons to look for some of the birds that were special to us: bluebirds, goldfinches, pileated and red-headed woodpeckers, and, most thrilling of all, painted buntings.
- The soldierly looking red-headed woodpeckers, in their striking black, red, and white uniform, were much in evidence.
- Chickadees, tufted titmice, blue jays, cardinals, sparrows, juncos and red-headed woodpeckers all come to feast on the scrumptious mixture of seeds, nuts and cracked corn I put out for them.
More definitions of red-headedDefinition of red-headed in:
- The British & World English dictionary