A large kangaroo of Australian grasslands, the male of which has a russet-red coat and the female typically a blue-gray coat.
- Macropus rufus, family Macropodidae
More example sentences
- For an instant, a small tree glows in the light, then a bush, then three red kangaroos.
- Largest and fleetest are the red kangaroos of the wide open plains of inland Australia.
- There are red kangaroos bounding all over the place, it is a beautiful bit of dry bush country.
More definitions of red kangarooDefinition of red kangaroo in:
- The British & World English dictionary