Definition of red kangaroo in English:
A large kangaroo of Australian grasslands, the male of which has a russet-red coat and the female typically a blue-gray coat.
- Macropus rufus, family Macropodidae
- For an instant, a small tree glows in the light, then a bush, then three red kangaroos.
- Largest and fleetest are the red kangaroos of the wide open plains of inland Australia.
- There are red kangaroos bounding all over the place, it is a beautiful bit of dry bush country.
Definition of red kangaroo in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India