- US An award given for coming in second in a competition.More example sentences
- By a window behind the principal was a table full of trophies and blue and red ribbons.
- To my delight I won a blue ribbon for my jam and curd, a red ribbon for my salsa and a white ribbon for my pickles.
- Once again, Ashby's Sterling Ice Cream scored a blue ribbon for its chocolate, vanilla and vanilla bean ice creams, not to mention a red ribbon for its French vanilla variety.
More definitions of red ribbonDefinition of red ribbon in:
- The British & World English dictionary