Definition of red-tailed hawk in English:
The most common and most widespread hawk of North and Central America, with a reddish tail.
- Buteo jamaicensis, family Accipitridae
- It also provides breathing room for raptors such as prairie falcons, golden eagles, and red-tailed hawks.
- If you see the red tail on an adult red-tailed hawk, one of the most common hawks in these parts, you don't have to look any further.
- Instead they are eaten primarily by large birds, such as great-horned owls and red-tailed hawks.
Definition of red-tailed hawk in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.