nounBritish • informal
- A tabloid.More example sentences
- Strangely I've found it next to impossible to find anything on the web for this, just shows that apart from the red tops none of the newspapers really cared about this.
- Today pensions is front page news in red tops and broadsheets alike, and one of the hottest political topics around.
- The war against the tabloids, or red tops, is hard-fought, particularly as these papers can flood the market with very cheap copies.
1990s: from the red background on which the titles of certain British newspapers are printed.
More definitions of red topDefinition of red top in:
- The British & World English dictionary