- A rich cocoa-flavored cake with a distinctive reddish color, typically prepared as a layer cake with buttercream or cream cheese icing.More example sentences
- For dessert, we sampled the creme brulee cheesecake and a large slice of red velvet cake with rich chocolate frosting and raspberry filling.
- I went with the upgrade and got a slice of the famous Red Velvet Cake with the pecans for a total of $6.
- Our home-economics class even baked a beautiful three-layered red velvet cake for the event.
More definitions of red velvet cakeDefinition of red velvet cake in:
- The British & World English dictionary