- A North American tree of the pea family, with pink flowers that grow from the trunk, branches, and twigs.
More example sentences
- Genus Cercis, family Leguminosae: several species, in particular eastern redbud (C. canadensis)
- Shorter trees are eastern redbud, flowering dogwood, American hornbeam, and eastern hop hornbeam.
- Eighty new trees will be planted, Kousa dogwood, Eastern redbud, downy serviceberry, sourwood, Yoshino cherry, and tulip poplar among them.
- You'll get a hankering to come back every year in early May when the redbuds open and the dogwoods bloom.
More definitions of redbudDefinition of redbud in:
- The British & World English dictionary