- 1Compensating for someone’s or something’s faults; compensatory: tuneless dirges with few redeeming features a quite dreadful man, without a single redeeming qualityMore example sentences
- I was pleasantly surprised to see him shown in such a spiritually redeeming light.
- The worst movies of all time have absolutely no redeeming qualities.
- He was spectacularly ugly, with not a redeeming physical feature.
- 2Able to save people from sin, error, or evil: the transforming power of God’s redeeming graceMore example sentences
- For a few minutes, without her waking, we rebuked the source of the nightmares, praising God for the redeeming blood.
- Jerusalem's special calling was to be "a light to the nations," a witness to God's redeeming will.
- Christ shares both expressions in his face of suffering, whilst He opens the wound in his side to offer the redeeming blood.