Definition of redevelop in English:
1Develop (something) again or differently.
- It is redeveloped as a child development centre, where staff from health, social services and education would assess children with learning difficulties.
- I would like to point out that all the old wood pews were removed when the church was modernised and redeveloped last year.
- Developers buy old, unused, dilapidated hotels and redevelop them into brand new upscale luxury condos.
1.1Erect new buildings in (an urban area), typically after demolishing the existing buildings: the riverfront that the city planned to redevelop with family attractions
More example sentences
- Plans to redevelop the Castle Piccadilly area of York reached a new stage after the first ‘people's panel’ met to discuss the proposals.
- Two letters to the editor express outrage over the (now presumably secret) plans to redevelop the Castle Lane area.
- This is part of the latest plans to redevelop the Castle Lane area of Bedford, which has been an eyesore for many years.
- Example sentences
- It demonstrates how a cash-strapped redevelopment agency with the hopes of eradicating blight in its impoverished small town fell victim to an aggressive and litigious redeveloper and his attorney.
- But unlike those gardens, the paradise of true love, it seems, can conquer problems of historical inaccuracy, it never withers and most of all, it never gets bought out by redevelopers.
- Financing also proved to be a major problem since few private firms and redevelopers possessed the huge cash reserve necessary to pay for clearance and revitalization.
- Example sentences
- We try to achieve this by carrying out refurbishments and redevelopments on existing property.
- Then there's the college rebuild and associated town centre redevelopment.
- They have done major redevelopments in the city centre, turning offices into apartments, and are involved in a number of business developments.
Definition of redevelop in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan