(Of a central bank) discount (a bill of exchange or similar instrument) that has already been discounted by a commercial bank.
- Here, we would presume he has in mind the ECB monetizing private debt by rediscounting existing private liabilities, or using them in open market operations.
- They can be kept in the portfolio as an earning asset, or they can be liquidated (rediscounted) on the shortest notice without any loss of value.
The action of rediscounting something.
- The rate cut, the 14th in the past two years, reduced the key rediscount rate from 1.875 percent to 1.625 percent, effective today.
- The central bank has cut it key rediscount rate 62.5 basis points since December.
- The bank said it will maintain its rediscount rate - charged to commercial lenders for 10-day loans - at 1.375 percent.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of rediscount in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.