Distribute (something) differently or again, typically to achieve greater social equality: their primary concern was to redistribute income from rich to poor
More example sentences
- All the districts suffered as the Government took the money away from the districts and redistributed it mainly to the counties.
- This served as the means for redistributing social wealth into the hands of a tiny elite while, at the same time, basic forms of social security were demolished.
- They tend toward social policies which redistribute wealth from those who have earned it to those who need it.
- Example sentences
- It has made some progress and been more redistributive than most previous governments.
- What we're against is social engineering, redistributive taxation, over-regulation of private activity, etc.
- Frequent warnings against the redistributive nature of government were characteristic of his tenure.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of redistribute in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.