Definition of redpoll in English:
1A mainly brown finch with a red forehead, related to the linnet and widespread in Eurasia and North America.
- Acanthis flammea, family Fringillidae; occurs in a number of races that were formerly regarded as separate species
- Flocks are common outside of the breeding season, and American Goldfinches often flock with redpolls and Pine Siskins.
- Since the preliminary results lean towards viral that means that the redpolls and finches are passing a virus to each other rather than getting sick from eating directly out of the feeder.
- Seeds of several native species feed siskins and redpolls.
Words that rhyme with redpollmaypole • beanpole
Definition of redpoll in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.