- 1A mainly brown finch with a red forehead, related to the linnet and widespread in Eurasia and North America.
More example sentences
- Acanthis flammea, family Fringillidae; occurs in a number of races that were formerly regarded as separate species
- Flocks are common outside of the breeding season, and American Goldfinches often flock with redpolls and Pine Siskins.
- Since the preliminary results lean towards viral that means that the redpolls and finches are passing a virus to each other rather than getting sick from eating directly out of the feeder.
- Seeds of several native species feed siskins and redpolls.
More definitions of redpollDefinition of redpoll in:
- The British & World English dictionary