- A large Eurasian sandpiper with long red legs and brown, gray, or blackish plumage.
More example sentences
- Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, in particular T. totanus
- Their farm is a haven for black grouse, lapwing, yellow wagtail, redshank, snipe and golden plover.
- When I came in April, the whimbrel, a summer migrant, had arrived to join the resident curlews, redshanks and oystercatchers.
- Bird species to be seen include ringed plover, oystercatcher, redshank and little grebe.
More definitions of redshankDefinition of redshank in:
- The British & World English dictionary