Definition of redshank in English:
A large Eurasian sandpiper with long red legs and brown, gray, or blackish plumage.
- Genus Tringa, family Scolopacidae: two species, in particular T. totanus
- Their farm is a haven for black grouse, lapwing, yellow wagtail, redshank, snipe and golden plover.
- When I came in April, the whimbrel, a summer migrant, had arrived to join the resident curlews, redshanks and oystercatchers.
- Bird species to be seen include ringed plover, oystercatcher, redshank and little grebe.
Definition of redshank in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia