1 [predicative] (Of a subject or problem) capable of being simplified in presentation or analysis: Shakespeare’s major soliloquies are not reducible to categories
More example sentences
- But at the same time, these issues are not reducible to the anti-capitalist struggle.
- Ethics, one might say, enshrines the principle that subjectivity is not reducible to objective analysis.
- Second, unlike the Left, green politics are not based on class and their analyses are not reducible to class.
- Example sentences
- Schur was also interested in reducibility, location of roots and the construction of the Galois group of classes of polynomials such as Laguerre and Hermite polynomials.
- Further work by G D Birkhoff introduced the concept of reducibility (defined above) on which most later work rested.
- This reading is bolstered by Alexander's discussion of the reducibility of chemistry to physics, on which he is neutral.
Words that rhyme with reducibleadducible, crucible, deducible, inducible, irreducible, producible, seducible
For editors and proofreaders
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.