- A substance that tends to bring about reduction by being oxidized and losing electrons.More example sentences
- Lithium aluminum hydride is an important reducing agent in organic chemistry.
- It can react either as an oxidant or a reducing agent, is a very good nucleophile, and is a base that can be protonated.
- In the case of making iron in a blast furnace, the carbon is added as coke, which is converted into carbon monoxide - the actual reducing agent.
More definitions of reducing agentDefinition of reducing agent in:
- The British & World English dictionary