Definition of redwood in English:
1Either of two giant conifers with thick fibrous bark, native to California and Oregon. They are the tallest known trees and are among the largest living organisms.
- Two species in the family Taxodiaceae: the California (or coast) redwood (Sequoia sempervirens), which can grow to a height of 325 feet (110 m), and the giant redwood (Sequoiadendron giganteum), which can reach a trunk diameter of 35 feet (11 m)
- The nursery offers other conifers, including Colorado blue spruce, deodar cedar, Douglas fir, and coast redwood.
- Among the towering redwoods rise clumps of native trees.
- It is just off the main route to the Redwood Park, home of the famed giant redwood trees that rise up to 367 feet and can live for more than 2,000 years.
Definition of redwood in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.