- So getting back to marijuana and reefer, you talk about wanting to decriminalize it, I mean, isn't that sort of a namby-pamby half step?
- Sure, some people might trade up from a Geo to a Ford Taurus, but what about your layabout Cousin Todd, whose entire income comes from selling the Grade Z reefer he grows in his basement?
- I was in the U.S. Army, having the time of my life. I absolutely loved reefer and acid, and when I tried junk I loved that too.
1930s: perhaps related to Mexican Spanish grifo '(smoker of) cannabis'.
Words that rhyme with reeferfeoffor
A refrigerated truck, railroad car, or ship.
- Behind the locomotive is a reefer (refrigerator car) to supply ice for drinking water in the sleepers.
- Crews in Salinas would load a modified boxcar, a reefer, with cartons of lettuce and crushed ice.
- At times, the Idaho Falls yard is a sea of reefers and covered hoppers.
Early 20th century: abbreviation.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan