- A basis or standard for evaluation, assessment, or comparison; a criterion.More example sentences
- All but one said the church provided standards or a reference point for good behavior.
- There is no absolute standard, or even an external reference point.
- This is particularly true over foreign policy, which dominated the first two debates and seemed to be the main reference point for my students.
More definitions of reference pointDefinition of reference point in:
- The British & World English dictionary