verb (refies, refying, refied)[with object]
- Refinance (a mortgage).More example sentences
- And with 15-year rates now below 5%, Cassidy is ready to refi again.
adjectiveBack to top
- Relating to refinancing and the refinancing market: the refi boom is overMore example sentences
- The chart above only takes us through the first three quarters of 2004, but more recent data also show the refi market slipping back into dormancy, which is what you'd expect given that rates have been rising - at least until recently.
- For comparison, both the major refi booms from ‘98 and '99 lasted about three months.
- It's worth keeping in mind that household mortgage credit expanded at an 11.4% rate during the second quarter, a torrid pace likely being surpassed with the current refi boom.