1A system of massage used to relieve tension and treat illness, based on the theory that there are reflex points on the feet, hands, and head linked to every part of the body.
- By prior arrangement, you can have an aromatherapy massage, reflexology, shiatsu or reiki while you are there, for £25 - £35.
- I am a great believer in the power of massage so the theory of reflexology boosting the immune system and helping to detoxify the body all makes sense to me.
- For example, you may wish to investigate various therapies, such as shiatsu, reflexology and remedial massage, and perhaps to include with these some form of counselling or personal development work.
- sense 1.Example sentences
- She has been a reflexologist for eight years, originally training with the British Reflexology Association, and has since become an associate member of the Association of Reflexologists.
- An exception to this is the introduction of ‘touch therapies’ in several cancer departments and hospices where complementary practitioners, such as reflexologists, provide support for patients.
- She said quarterly meetings were held with invited speakers, including acupuncturists, reflexologists and wig-makers.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of reflexology in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.