Definition of reforest in English:
Replant with trees; cover again with forest: a project to reforest the country’s coastal areas
More example sentences
- The Global ReLeaf campaign aims to plant 300,000 hillside trees and 3,000 street trees to reforest denuded slopes in and around the city.
- The WWRC set a goal of planting 1,000 trees to help reforest the community.
- Some of those trees will reforest a site at Sikhote-Alin Reserve in the Far East that suffers from yearly wildfires.
- Example sentences
- Increased harvesting of trees at high elevations has led to a greater demand for yellow cedar stock for reforestation.
- Despite efforts to control the flow of lumber, reforestation of Douglas fir forests in this period were generally not successful.
- And Chinese larch is a favorite for reforestation in Scotland where forest cover was lost centuries ago to sheep farming.
Pronunciation: /rēˌfôrəˈstāSHən, -ˈfärə-/noun
Definition of reforest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan