1.1 [usually as modifier] An activity that revises or updates one’s skills or knowledge: candidates take some refresher training before coming back
More example sentences
- And last but not least, I was just put through a refresher training course and we had handbooks to follow along with.
- With lessons now costing about £20 for an hour session, Mr Conway added that many candidates were unable to pay for refresher lessons.
- Health visitors allocated to this method attended refresher workshops to ensure that they felt comfortable with what would be considered normal language development in children of this age group.
1.2 dated A drink.
- Having sold my vote to the highest bidder I popped into the Pub for a quick refresher and ran into The Good Colonel.
- Beginning to despair now of ever finding this apocryphal loveliness we mulled over then declined the idea of a quick refresher in the invitingly named Suicide Bar and instead headed through the Old Park area to Tigers Bay.
- His company was out for field training one evening with the local lieutenant and when, having done fairly well, the company was halted at a roadside hostelry for a refresher, the men were told to put their rifles down and take it easy.
Definition of refresher in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.