- 1 (usually refreshments) A light snack or drink, especially one provided in a public place or at a public event: light refreshments are available an ample supply of liquid refreshmentMore example sentences
- Drinks and light refreshments are now widely available around the clock.
- Also available are hot and cold drinks and light refreshments at very reasonable prices.
- Following the service those present enjoyed light refreshments and a slice of the celebration cake.
- 2The giving of fresh mental or physical strength or energy: hobbies and vacations are for refreshment and recreationMore example sentences
- A quick gulp from a bottle of cooled water restores energy and provides instant refreshment.
- Drama activities, be it games or enactment of storyboard situations infuse the air with energy, vitality and refreshment.
- I found refreshment, insight and energy to rejoin the challenge of these days.