Definition of refurbish in English:
Renovate and redecorate (something, especially a building): the premises have been completely refurbished in our corporate style
More example sentences
- Volunteer your family's time by helping out at a children's hospital or homeless shelter or building or refurbishing housing for people in need.
- There has been little investment in the town hall by the district council over the past five years because its intention has always been to completely refurbish the building.
- Mr Ryan said the €28m funding was to help upgrade and refurbish buildings and facilities used by young people.
- Example sentences
- St Malachy's Church, Kilcoo, reopened on Sunday, April 17, at 3pm, after extensive renovations and refurbishments.
- Renovations and refurbishments were carried out at Killadooley National School during the year and were completed at the end of October.
- There were joint winners of the Manchester Phoenix Award for restoration and refurbishment.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Pakistan