Definition of regardless in English:
Without paying attention to the present situation; despite the prevailing circumstances: they were determined to carry on regardless
More example sentences
- What I normally do in these circumstances is grit my teeth and carry on regardless.
- I chose to blot out the sound of cold water being poured on my words of admiration, and carried on regardless.
- Or will we just keep buying regardless, carried away by the cheap thrill of it all?
anyway, anyhow, in any case, nevertheless, nonetheless, despite everything, in spite of everything, even so, all the same, in any event, come what may
informal still and all, irregardless
See irregardless (usage).
- regardless of
- Without regard or consideration for: the allowance is paid regardless of age or incomeMore example sentences
irrespective of, without regard to, without reference to, disregarding, without consideration of, discounting, ignoring, notwithstanding, no matter
- This is indeed a unique race, regardless of age or gender all the athletes run together.
- Officers are now warning that offenders face prosecution if caught, regardless of their age.
- According to the proposals, pupils would sit the exams at their own pace, regardless of their age.
- Example sentences
- Despite the unenthusiastic reception that revelation received, Iron continued regardlessly; ‘yeah, well, I heard they're doing interviews for the South Street post.’
- The only problem was that Iron didn't quite realize that her observations were more often than not accurate, but let her continue regardlessly.
- He scratched his head and picked it up regardlessly.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.