- A sporting event consisting of a series of boat or yacht races.More example sentences
- Potomac cleanup began in the 1960s and the river has since rebuilt its reputation on first-class events like sailing regattas and bass fishing tournaments.
- The championship regatta comprised eight races, with the best six results to count.
- Many marinas are having BBQs, music, raffles, charity fundraisers, beach clean-ups, regattas and boat safety demonstrations.
early 17th century: from Italian (Venetian dialect), literally 'a fight, contest'.
More definitions of regattaDefinition of regatta in:
- The British & World English dictionary