Definition of regeneration in English:
1The action or process of regenerating or being regenerated, in particular the formation of new animal or plant tissue.
- These changes will continue the process of renewal and regeneration.
- This notion of a dual process of destruction and regeneration was challenged by Edward Said in his Orientalism, the first edition of which came out in 1978.
- On the credit side Russia has been brought back into the fold of the international community and in the Balkans the process of resettlement and regeneration goes on apace.
1.1 Electronics Positive feedback.
- Challenges to the new technology are in the areas of data monitoring, grooming, and regeneration for improved signal to noise.
- If the optical signal is weak, the OEO system allows selective regeneration of the signal.
- Corvis has created a system that shoots photons long distances without any electronic regeneration.
1.2 Chemistry The action or process of regenerating polymer fibers.
- In a recently published paper it was proposed that nitric or phosphoric acid be used for the cation resin regeneration and ammonia or potassium carbonate or hydroxide for the anion resin.
- Reductive regeneration of the oxidized catalytic thiol depends on glutathione, thioredoxin, glutaredoxin, cyclophilin, and tryparedoxin.
- Some of the diesel fuel is reformulated into hydrogen and carbon monoxide for superior regeneration.
Definition of regeneration in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.