1The action or process of registering or of being registered: the registration of births, marriages, and deaths the number of new private car registrations has increased
More example sentences
- In the second phase, the collection of tax from private car owners, registration of vehicles and allotment of numbers to the newly registered vehicles would be performed by the computers.
- He claimed that Yahoo profits from the free online registration process because it increases advertising revenues and consumer information it collects is used for marketing purposes.
- Controls were selected from registers compiled through the legally required process of birth registration.
1.1A certificate that attests to the registering of a person, automobile, etc.
- The officer returned with his bow-legged walk, a new yellowish paper in his hand on top of the registration he had handed him earlier.
- When a work is sold, the registration - complete with its descriptive history - is transferred to the new owner.
- I was told to simply buy Office 95, register it by snail-mail or fax and include a copy of the receipt with the registration.
2 Music A combination of stops used when playing the organ.
- Etherington adopts an apt change in registration, giving vent to the diapasons that would have been the lynchpin of organs in Handel's own time.
- Ian Hare resisted the temptation to over-play his hand at the start, keeping a firm grip on the music's architecture with a fine control of pace and registration.
- If the content of the pieces is somewhat lacking, then the composer's ear for the perfect registration does mean that there are some delicious sounds to be savoured and Harold Britton makes the most of them.
For editors and proofreaders
Definition of registration in:
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.