Feeling or showing regret: he sounded regretful but pointed out that he had committed himself
More example sentences
- Jason kneeled near the dog, and gave a regretful smile.
- He walked out with somewhat a regretful smile on his face, his eyes lost in the past; he nearly walked into the closed door!
- In one case, a tiny, angry-looking boy is judged sufficiently regretful to return to the school where he threatened a bodyguard.
- More example sentences
- Heavy use of close-ups and a restlessly moving camera consistently evoke a sense of ‘now,’ which lends the regretfulness and nostalgia of the film's later sequences a great deal of power.
- I am truly contrite, penitent, repentant, remorseful and steeped in the tears of my regretfulness.
- He was standing above me with genuine pity and regretfulness.