Definition of regretful in English:
Feeling or showing regret: he sounded regretful but pointed out that he had committed himself
More example sentences
- Jason kneeled near the dog, and gave a regretful smile.
- He walked out with somewhat a regretful smile on his face, his eyes lost in the past; he nearly walked into the closed door!
- In one case, a tiny, angry-looking boy is judged sufficiently regretful to return to the school where he threatened a bodyguard.
- Example sentences
- Heavy use of close-ups and a restlessly moving camera consistently evoke a sense of ‘now,’ which lends the regretfulness and nostalgia of the film's later sequences a great deal of power.
- I am truly contrite, penitent, repentant, remorseful and steeped in the tears of my regretfulness.
- He was standing above me with genuine pity and regretfulness.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan