Definition of reinfect in English:
verb[with object] (usually be reinfected)
Cause to become infected again.
- A person can be reinfected after drug treatment if they swallow more worm eggs, so it is important to maintain high levels of hygiene.
- Indeed, a child growing up in an endemic community can expect be infected soon after weaning, and to be infected and constantly reinfected for the rest of her or his life.
- Actually, the virus never left; it was in your body and reinfects the new liver.
- Example sentences
- These studies have demonstrated that reinfection, before or during therapy, can be a mechanism leading to the development of drug resistance.
- It's possible that relapses are the result of reinfection.
- If the pathogen causing reinfection is different from the original pathogen, two weeks of treatment are sufficient.
Definition of reinfect in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.