Definition of reinvest in English:
Put (the profit on a previous investment) back into the same place: the enterprise had been expanded by reinvesting profits
More example sentences
- As these assets generate profits, and as the profits are reinvested in additional assets, you see a return in the form of increased share value as stock prices rise.
- Many companies and investors favor using spare corporate cash for stock buybacks or to reinvest profits instead of paying dividends.
- They may generate financial support by retaining profits and reinvesting them in organizational improvements.
- Example sentences
- But they do allow the reinvestment of dividends (by granting accumulation units) and provide schemes for small, regular contributions.
- However, be aware that these brokerage-run plans only allow for the reinvestment of dividends and offer no cash purchase option.
- Be sure on the application to request reinvestment of all dividends.
Definition of reinvest in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan