- 1 Law A person who brings a public lawsuit, typically in the name of the attorney general, regarding the abuse of an office or franchise.More example sentences
- Because then we would have had a so-called controversy between the Attorney-General, the relators and a judge who, by our convention, simply submits to the will of this Court, the orders of the Court.
- Public nuisance is a tort as well as a crime but civil proceedings may be brought only with the consent of the Attorney-General on a relator action.
- He has to exercise a discretion, and he has to decide whether, in his view, it is in the public interest that the relator should be able to bring proceedings in the particular respect.
- 2 variant spelling of relater.
More definitions of relatorDefinition of relator in:
- The British & World English dictionary