- 1A drug used to promote relaxation or reduce tension: a muscle relaxantMore example sentences
- Medications most commonly prescribed are tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, muscle relaxants, simple analgesics, and nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs.
- Numerous treatments such as analgesic medications, muscle relaxants, antidepressants, and triptans had shown little or no effect.
- They are usually given strong painkiller drugs, muscle relaxants or sedatives, but these are often not enough to completely alleviate pain and anxiety.
- 1.1A thing having a relaxing effect: sex can be a great relaxantMore example sentences
- A long soak in the bath is a great relaxant, but did you know that having just one can use up to 100 litres of water?
- Music is a great relaxant.
adjectiveBack to top
- Causing relaxation.More example sentences
- Chamomile, lime flower, valerian, hops or passion flower all have relaxant properties and can be given to calm nerves and relax tense muscles.
- All of the contractile and relaxant responses evoked by these stimuli were absent in vagotomized animals or in animals pretreated with the ganglionic blocker, trimethaphan, confirming their reflex and parasympathetic nature.
- However, as with bronchial smooth muscle hypertrophy, it can be expected that the remodeled vessels may exhibit altered reactivity to contractile or relaxant agents.
More definitions of relaxantDefinition of relaxant in:
- The British & World English dictionary