- 1 Ballet A movement in which the dancer rises on the tips of the toes.More example sentences
- However, in a series of relevés sur la pointe to arabesque she has an unfortunate jerk to her chin as she hits her balance.
- When you get to the point where the body hits the correct attitude line, your attention is taken up with the next difficulty such as promenading in that attitude, or balancing it in relevé, for instance.
- She can come down out of a relevé while she's still turning, for a quiet deceleration, or descend into plié to start a new jump or traverse.
- 2 Ecology Each of a number of small plots of vegetation, analyzed as a sample of a wider area.More example sentences
- All relevés of the same type of vegetation to be analyzed in a study need to be the same size.
- This is a listing of all relevé plot locations within the project area.
French, literally 'raised up'.
More definitions of relevéDefinition of relevé in:
- The British & World English dictionary