Definition of reline in English:
1Replace the lining of: the heavily brocaded drapes that she had relined
More example sentences
- The work will involve cleaning, relining or replacing mains in Bedale, Masham and surrounding villages including Kirklington, Snape, West Tanfield, Pickhill and Patrick Brompton.
- Leaking pipes can be relined with polyester resin fibre rather than replaced, a particularly attractive option if the pipes run under the building.
- Some will be relined from the inside for more efficient performance and to reduce the need to dig up streets.
1.1Attach a new backing canvas to (a painting).
- In the past, the established procedure involved relining a painting, but today, this is frowned on unless absolutely necessary.
- The decision having been taken to clean and conserve the painting, it was removed from its frame and stretcher, rolled up, and transported to the conservation studios, where the old lining canvas was removed and the painting relined.
- Despite the damage, the painting is on its original stretcher, has not been relined and is probably in its original frame.
Definition of reline in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.