Worthy of attention; striking: a remarkable coincidence
More example sentences
- Her achievements are even more remarkable for the fact that she only embarked on a university education in her fifties.
- Things came to a head within a week, which is quite remarkable by theatre standards.
- One of the most remarkable achievements of capitalism is the drop in infant mortality.
extraordinary, exceptional, amazing, astonishing, astounding, marvelous, wonderful, sensational, stunning, incredible, unbelievable, phenomenal, outstanding, momentous;
out of the ordinary, unusual, uncommon, unique, surprising
informal fantastic, terrific, tremendous, stupendous, awesome
- Example sentences
- That was part of his importance and remarkableness.
- The remarkableness of this accomplishment was that Smith also gentled these horses with a broken foot in a cast.
- I think the practical element of his take on remarkableness makes this far more useful than the vague pronouncements of a self-proclaimed guru.
Early 17th century: from French remarquable, from remarquer 'take note of' (see remark).
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.