- Supply (a place that has previously been demilitarized) with new military resources: the Rhineland was remilitarized in 1936More example sentences
- Turkey eventually rejected the terms of that treaty, and subsequently Turkey remilitarized the straits area.
- German forces remilitarized the territory in 1936, as part of a diplomatic test of will, three years before the outbreak of the Second World War.
- Why was Hitler allowed to remilitarize the Rhineland, annex Austria, and invade Czechoslovakia before the Allies confronted him over his incursion into Poland in September 1939?
More definitions of remilitarizeDefinition of remilitarize in:
- The British & World English dictionary