Definition of reminder in English:
1A thing that causes someone to remember something: the watchtower is a reminder of the days when an enemy might appear at any moment
More example sentences
- The walls remain, a purposeful reminder of the waste of war, and the roofless interior become a sort of peace park for contemplation.
- But those who had fought in it needed no reminders to remember.
- They probably served as visual reminders of wartime experiences - either as private memories or collective talking points for survivors.
1.1A message or communication designed to ensure that someone remembers something.
- We believe that text message or email reminders of this kind will help to reduce many of the problems associated with clinic attendance and chronic disease management.
- All with email addresses (two candidates in BC did not have known email addresses) were invited to participate, and all were given plenty of time and three email reminders.
- Email reminders (automated, two way) can encourage adherence, remind, educate, and solicit responses about side effects and self reported adherence to medication.
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan