- (Of a fever) characterized by fluctuating body temperatures.More example sentences
- An 1858 medical book described remittent fever as typhus modified by atmospheric influences.
- Even in cases positively diagnosed as typhus, surgeons also recorded bilious vomiting, diarrhea, and bowel hemorrhage, which are all symptoms of typhoid and remittent fever.
- Symptoms of quinine toxicity include diarrhea, vomiting, confusion, blindness, tinnitus, and paralysis (note the similarity with typhoid, typhus, and remittent fever symptoms).
late 17th century: from Latin remittent- 'sending back', from the verb remittere (see remit).
More definitions of remittentDefinition of remittent in:
- The British & World English dictionary