Definition of remorseful in English:
Filled with remorse; sorry: the defendant was remorseful for what he had done
More example sentences
- He's become extremely apologetic and very remorseful about what he did.
- The court heard the stepfather was remorseful and apologised to his stepdaughter for what he did.
- Both are ashamed and remorseful for what they did, and they are not fans of mine right now.
- Example sentences
- All around us groups of people munched in silence, eyeing our leftovers remorsefully while the TV babbled in the background.
- ‘I'm sorry,’ she whispered remorsefully, realising her error.
- After another pause, she added remorsefully, ‘You are quite ill.’
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan