Definition of remortgage in English:
Take out another or a different kind of mortgage on (a property).
- One reader in her mid-30s was remortgaging her property last year with AIB.
- Nor will you investigate remortgaging your property, nor do anything about that costly endowment.
- In 1989 the son remortgaged the property to the Nationwide Building Society.
nounBack to top
A different or additional mortgage.
- Historical references show people have borrowed significant amounts of money for thousands of years without credit cards, remortgages or other modern inventions.
- Following my recent thoughts about the benefits of using a mortgage broker when considering a remortgage, I spent the weekend doing the actual sums.
- In the UK, most mortgages are remortgages and we tend to follow their example.
Definition of remortgage in:
- British & World English dictionary