Definition of remortgage in English:
Take out another or a different kind of mortgage on (a property).
- One reader in her mid-30s was remortgaging her property last year with AIB.
- Nor will you investigate remortgaging your property, nor do anything about that costly endowment.
- In 1989 the son remortgaged the property to the Nationwide Building Society.
nounBack to top
A different or additional mortgage.
- Historical references show people have borrowed significant amounts of money for thousands of years without credit cards, remortgages or other modern inventions.
- Following my recent thoughts about the benefits of using a mortgage broker when considering a remortgage, I spent the weekend doing the actual sums.
- In the UK, most mortgages are remortgages and we tend to follow their example.
Definition of remortgage in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan