Definition of remote control in English:
1.1 (also remote controller) A device that controls a machine, especially a television or VCR, from a distance.
- The system is further provided with user control means such as a remote controller for generating user control commands and transmitting signals to the data processor in response thereto so as to control the content of the display signal.
- Both cards offer FM-radio tuners and remote controls that use radio frequencies, not infrared, to issue commands.
- Look at the development of ‘older’ battery operated technology, transistor radios, video cameras, mobile phones and even remote controls that we use for a range of devices.
- Example sentences
- In his spare time, he records with an intentionally limited setup, working to coax the best music he can from an array of electronics like remote-controlled car joysticks and walkie-talkies.
- Engineers at the US Sandia National Labs have built a remote-controlled spy robot equipped with a TV scanner, microphone and a chemical micro-sensor.
- There was the inclusion of an electronic scoreboard with a remote-controlled digital scoring system.
Definition of remote control in:
- British & World English dictionary
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.