Definition of removal in English:
1.1The dismissal of someone from a job or office.
- A lot of the Alliance leaders have, since our removal from parliament, thrown ourselves into union organising work.
- But it was Whitlam who telephoned Buckingham Palace on November 11 after his removal from office by the Australian Governor-General.
- And while the task force prepares to fully hand over the Haiti operation to UN troops, Aristide's removal from power is still not without its opponents.
1.2 [usually as modifier] British The transfer of furniture and other contents when moving from one house to another: removal men
More example sentences
- If a removal firm cannot remove furniture from a house without exposing its employees to unacceptable risk then it can and should refuse to do the job.
- After doing this, look for a furniture removal company.
- Many furniture removal companies operate secure storage facilities on a weekly rental basis, which could be a short-term solution.