Definition of removal in English:
1.1The dismissal of someone from a job or office.
- A lot of the Alliance leaders have, since our removal from parliament, thrown ourselves into union organising work.
- But it was Whitlam who telephoned Buckingham Palace on November 11 after his removal from office by the Australian Governor-General.
- And while the task force prepares to fully hand over the Haiti operation to UN troops, Aristide's removal from power is still not without its opponents.
1.2 [usually as modifier] British The transfer of furniture and other contents when moving from one house to another: removal men
More example sentences
- If a removal firm cannot remove furniture from a house without exposing its employees to unacceptable risk then it can and should refuse to do the job.
- After doing this, look for a furniture removal company.
- Many furniture removal companies operate secure storage facilities on a weekly rental basis, which could be a short-term solution.
Words that rhyme with removalapproval
What do you find interesting about this word or phrase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan