- Transfer (a privatized industry) back into state ownership or control.More example sentences
- New Labour has gone through one excuse after another over the last four years to avoid renationalising the rail industry.
- The marchers rallied at key industrial sites, demanding that former state-owned industries be renationalized and reopened.
- Plant management and regional industrialists are demanding that the strike be made illegal, while union officials want the government to renationalize the plant, which was privatized in 1996.
- More example sentences
- Some will put taxes up a bit, others promise to bring them down a bit, but no one proposes to change the way the economy is run, through extensive privatisation, renationalisation or whatever.
- He added that using administration as part of an effective renationalisation of Railtrack would require time-consuming primary legislation, and should therefore not be considered.
- We oppose privatisation, and campaign for the renationalisation of the railways and other public services.
More definitions of renationalizeDefinition of renationalize in:
- The British & World English dictionary