- 1Resume (an activity) after an interruption: the parents renewed their campaign to save the schoolMore example sentences
- He therefore induced a public campaign to accuse Parliament of obstruction at a time of national danger (the British having renewed their activities in Tibet).
- In addition, we must renew our coalition-building activities.
- ‘We will begin a dialogue with the Israeli side to see if there is willingness to renew the process,’ he said.
- 1.1Re-establish (a relationship): he had renewed an acquaintance with McCarthyMore example sentences
- He renews relationships with his old buddies, yet never connects with them.
- It is the story of a man with a terminal disease who renews his relationships with his friends and family, especially his adult son.
- It was my privilege to serve with him, and I can't think of anything better than to have the opportunity to renew that relationship.
- 1.2Repeat (an action or statement): detectives renewed their appeal for those in the area at the time to contact themMore example sentences
- They have appealed their convictions to this court and renewed their constitutional challenge.
- As a result, Pakistan is renewing its longstanding request to buy at least two dozen F - 16s.
- The resignations and ongoing conflicts with the Board of Governors were renewing the demands for the establishment of a student government.
- 1.3Give fresh life or strength to: (as adjective renewed) she would face the future with renewed determinationMore example sentences
- Our strength renewed, I ground the almonds along with the sugar and combined that mixture with flour.
- Feeling his strength renewed he cast aside his staff and walked steadily upon lush, green grass.
- They rushed back to fight, with furor and strength renewed.
- 1.4Extend for a further period the validity of (a license, subscription, or contract): her contract had not been renewed
- 1.5Replace (something that is broken or worn out): check the joints—they may need renewingMore example sentences
- Two smashed ribs had poked splintered ends through his skin, and getting at them to renew the dressings was a painful business.
- Disinfection solutions need to be renewed on a regular basis.
- Nutrient solutions were renewed on a daily basis.
- More example sentences
- The lives of residents and storekeepers of many nationalities were destroyed in favor of luxury apartments and government buildings, as urban renewers played cozy with developers whose pickets were deeper than their values.
- In just a few years The Romeo & Juliet Choir have gained an international reputation as ‘guardians and renewers of the rich musical treasure of the Renaissance.’
- It was rather they, the renewers, with their appeal to Scripture and the patristic and to some extent medieval patrimony, who were the true traditionalists.