adjectivechiefly Mineralogy & Botany
- Kidney-shaped.More example sentences
- Asymmetric divisions lead to the formation of a pair of reniform guard cells surrounding the stomatal opening.
- Stalked, reniform sporangia reside clearly in the axis of the leaves.
- Lateral branches dichotomize several times before terminating in pairs of reniform sporangia.
mid 18th century: from Latin ren 'kidney' + -iform.
More definitions of reniformDefinition of reniform in:
- The British & World English dictionary